c Transform Indiana... What's the latest?: Urbanizing - National Day Prayer TF/ Focus On The Family

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Urbanizing - National Day Prayer TF/ Focus On The Family


[subsequent note by IndyChristian, Editor]
***The brunch has been moved to the Indiana State Library, Authors Room.***




Submitted by: Tom Walker State Chair - Indiana National Day of Prayer

I am pleased to announce that Jim Weidmann will be coming to Indianapolis Indiana Monday, March 21 for a 10 a.m. brunch to be held at the conference room of the Governor’s Official residence. As State Chair of the Indiana National Day of Prayer, one of my key focuses has been on urbanizing the National Day of Prayer Task Force and Focus On the Family. A tall order you say? No not really. I just get out of the way and let God just do it.

I have been working on this project with my dear friend Hosea Baxter, Vice president of Academic affairs at Crossroads Bible College in cooperation with Dr Ware. Hosea is a powerhouse of a believer and a kindred spirit that I look forward to working with for many years to come. Together we are inviting urban pastors to come and meet with Jim Weidmann who has served as Vice Chairman for the National Day of Prayer Task force since 1997. In addition to his work with NDP, he is a Focus on the Family Executive Cabinet member and the host of The Family Night Guy, a radio feature with a weekly reach of over one million listeners. Jim has co-authored more than 15 books to teach parents how to pass their faith to their children, including his most popular series, the Family Night Tool Chest.

Jim has a sincere spirit for the inner city of America and abroad. His love for family runs deep and really appeals to those of this complicated world know as the family in urban America today. This, Jim's first official meeting in this capacity, (that I know of ) is deliberately geared for urban America and on this trip specifically its pastors. I look forward to having Jim Weidmann and our dear friends Shirley and James Dobson come and visit Indianapolis again very soon.

Know this. A deliberate change is coming. More and more people are getting out of the way and letting God work through them instead of around them. God is pouring out His Spirit in a double portion for those willing to receive it. Do I see a few hands lifted up and hear a faint “Me, me, pick me!”? I’m sure I do. Be richly blessed.

For information regarding this gathering call Crossroads bible Collage at 317 352 8736


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home